Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thrifty Things

When I was visiting Savannah, GA a couple of years ago, I went shopping with my sister, mom, and some friends at some top notch thrift stores and I was hooked. I love going to thrift stores and finding interesting things.

This is one of my favorite hats I own....I think we should bring these hats back!!



My little obsession with hats possibly could have influenced my purchasing these pictures. I know one of them takes place in Canada at Niagara Falls because of the railing. I have a little art project planned out for these pictures.


VINYL RECORDS! My mom gave me some of my first records and I was hooked. I love searching through all the records at a thrift store! You cannot get any better than painting and listening to a vinyl record.



I think it is an adventure going to thrift stores. You never know who you will meet. I met a lady at one store I visited and I told her I was interested in some of the hats. She then told me a story about each one of the hats. She wore most of them to church and thinks that ladies and gentlemen should start wearing them again.

I have a Rod Stewart album that I absolutely love. The song Maggie May is on the record. When I play that record it takes me to the Neshoba County Fair dancing with my daddy on the front porch. I think it seems to be more about the story as to why I enjoy getting these things than the actual item.

No comments: