Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#6 Attend Numerous Concerts

Andrew and I kicked off the New Year with #6 on our Cradle List- concerts.We went with my aunt and uncle to a Martina McBride with Joe Nichols concert on day 1 of the New Year. We had front row seats! I am not typically a big fan of country music......I didn't know much about Joe Nichols and hadn't listened much to Martina McBride in a long time. Andrew and I had to do a little research to make sure we knew what we were getting into.  He swore that Martina sang "I Hope You Dance"....actually that's Lee Ann Womack....

Crazy girls were going nuts over this Joe Nichols guy. Who knew that songs like "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" and "She Only Smokes When She Drinks" could steer the crowd into insanity. Next up Martina-  I'll let you know that I did scream a couple of times and even sang along to all of the words to "This One's for the Girls", "Independence Day", and " My Baby Loves Me". Martina sang "Help Me Make It Through the Night" and  I do believe it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard, along with an amazing steel guitarist solo. I had a great first day of the New Year with Andrew, family, and Martina of course!


We have also just purchased our next concert tickets to see The Civil Wars w/Lucy Schwartz! I think #6 on the list is off to a good start with a concert in January and one planned for February.

No comments: