Monday, April 12, 2010

Precious

I noticed that Precious was getting a lot of publicity on all the awards shows and knew I must see it. So I picked up the book! (I try to read the book before I watch the movie) WOW! WHAT A STORY!

Precious is an illiterate, overweight 16 year old. Her parents abuse her emotionally, physically, and sexually. She is about to have her second child by her father, when she is given an opportunity that will change her life. She meets a teacher, Miz Rain, who teaches her how to read, but most importantly teaches her that she has WORTH!

BEWARE of the coarse language and graphic details! I mean GRAPHIC details. Normally I would not want to continue reading such a book, but I was looking for the redemption and I just couldn't stop! Out of the horror and strife something truly beautiful springs forth.

No comments: