Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Flower and Vegetable Garden

Remember the way my little garden looked before?
Well I wanted to give you an update....the marigolds are still living
after a month of being planted!

I have a rose bush!

Not really sure what this is....doesn't matter...it's pretty!
So here it is!
I finally planted my tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and jalapenos today. They should be ready by mid-summer. Exciting!

My garden reminds me of my Dad! Before I planted my first set of tomatoes a couple of years ago, I called my Dad. Of course the fruits of my labor only produced one little cherry tomato....that didn't matter, my Daddy was proud and so was I! What was most important is what he taught me. I learned how to plant vegetables, how to take care of them, and how to be patient. Also, I picture my Dad and I at my Granny's house walking through his garden checking out his peppers, zucchini, pumpkins, okra and peas.
Daddy loved his vegetable garden....I think I have grown to love them as well.

No comments: