Monday, April 12, 2010

Pottery

1. McCarty's Pottery- Marigold, MS
Simple can be beautiful! I own two pieces of McCarty Pottery and would love to start collecting more.


2. Peter's Pottery- Mound Bayou, MS
Peter's pottery is a family business. I like all of the animals. I have 1 little piece...it's a rabbit. Beautiful! If you want to look at more of their pieces click here.

3. Jerry Brown Pottery-Hamilton, AL
I went to Hamilton with my good buddies, Nicole and Rowdy, to visit where the pottery making takes place. We were able to see Mr. Brown in action. Jerry Brown still uses a mule to power his clay mill! His folk art facejugs are worth the trip to Hamilton! I have one piece (given to me by Nicole and Rowdy!) a coffee mug with a frog inside of it. I hope to have a facejug one day (pass along the hint to the hubs)!4. J.R. Webb- Jackson, MS
Jonni Webb is a graduate from my high school...didn't know that when I discovered her pottery. I love the earthy glazes! I own the earth tone multi pendant and magnet! She has a new item that I NEED to have...its a magnetic vase! Check out the color chart.



I have made 3 pieces of pottery in my short lifetime.....keep in mind that I was a senior in high school...I made an egg, an ashtray, and a fish with scary-sharp teeth. My mom has the egg (being her motherly duty) and my sister has the fish (great conversation piece)...no telling what happened with the ashtray! I think I would like to have a go at it again.

Simple and earthy.

No comments: