Monday, March 29, 2010

But Ya'll I'm Still a Mississippi Girl....

Part 1: Andrew and I went to Oxford, MS to visit the best friend-in-law, Joseph. Whenever we visit Joe it is always an adventure. We went to the Ole Miss/Florida baseball game....if you know my husband then you know his obsession with Florida athletics. Thank goodness there was a tent to sit under or I would have been a lobster. Also, the tent came in handy for when home runs were hit....cups go flying and I went ducking. I usually do a little better at documenting my adventures but I was too afraid to take out the camera....Ole Miss fans throw up the cups at any and every opportunity! After the game was over we headed to Proud Larry's to see my good buddy, Rachel D. and also to see Gunboat. This band consists of a couple of Mississippi delta boys. I thought they were awesome! My personal favorite songs that they wrote are "Gone Too Long" and "Happy Hour". They also did a sweet cover of Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter".
If you want to check them out, click here.

Part 2: One word: Nostalgia. I have not been back to Greenwood, MS in years. My best friend Crystal Lee is getting married and I was invited to her engagement party.....with my "delta casual" outfit in tow I headed out from Oxford. The anxiety and excitement was just too much for me to contain. When I finally saw Crystal Lee I was completely overwhelmed and burst into tears! That's right I cried! Mind you I have known this person for 21 years. We had not seen each other in two years...shame on us....but our friendship has always been pretty solid. We forgive quickly and move on. We got all fixed up in our cute dresses and headed out to the party. Here are a couple of pics from the night.
Crystal Lee and Charlie
Crys and Charlie

Mary Parker, Charlie, Crystal Lee, me and Morgan

Will and Morgan
Crystal Lee and me! I always have a great time when I am with Crystal Lee....and now with Charlie in the mix....there is nonstop laughter. I know they will have a marriage full of laughter and happiness and I am so thankful that I get to be a part of it all.


No comments: