Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday: Savannah Style

I try to go to Savannah every year for my Birthday and St. Patrick's Day.This is the first time I made the journey alone. Andrew and Tiffani both had to work and were not able to go with me. I packed up the car and started to head out with a sweet playlist on the ipod.....of course an hour away from home my ipod decides to freeze. So after 8 hours I finally arrived in Savannah. Savannah is probably one of my favorite places to visit....always new places to eat and new art that inspires. I thought I would give you some of the highlights from my trip. I arrived Saturday night and I was ready to go!
First stop Eos.This place is owned and managed by family pretty much....Shelley and Martha. Mom and I started with the cheese board and then moved on to broccoli and cheese soup and lastly sea bass salad. Yummy in my tummy! We then headed to Savannah's River Street where you should NOT wear heels because you might break your leg walking on the cobblestone or going down the STEEP stairs. We made a stop at Fiddler's Crab House where we parked at a table to do some people watching and have a beverage. We met some people that seemed like old friends..... Kendal and Brittany. Here's some of the hilarious pictures from the night.....I introduced them to fast face photos.

Meet Julia.
Finally a normal picture!We had a blast!

The next day I was asked to go to an Operetta to see a good friend perform in The Pirates of Penzance. It was AWESOME! If you ever get an opportunity to see an Operetta you should.
A couple of pictures from the parade. The weather was not so great....cold, rainy, cloudy, windy....I dig bagpipes.
Little Irish dancers with bouncy hair.
I didn't take anymore of the parade.....hands were too cold.
My moms good buddies....Greg and Blanche!

Sol.....this is also owned by Martha and Shelley...it's a Southwestern Restaurant. We got chips and salsa for an appetizer. I dig the green salsa! For my entree, I ate fish tacos (Mahi-Mahi) with slaw and beans.So good!


The Crystal Beer Parlor makes my mouth water.

We started with the Chicken Wings dipped in a Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Sauce, Onion Rings, and Creamy Blue Crab Dip. That's just the appetizers. For my entree, I had the Au Poivre (don't ask me to say that) Burger and a side of homemade potato chips. This burger was topped with a green peppercorn brandy cream sauce and grilled onions. Needless to say I couldn't finish it.

I think the best part of the trip was the card that my mom gave me.
3 things that my Mom and I do together:
1. Eat
2. Art
3. Travel
Love you Momma!

No comments: