Thursday, February 17, 2011

#9 Figure out how babies work....practice on Emma.

In this whole adventure of The Cradle List, I thought it would be wise to learn some Baby 101.  I have had a lot of time with the new niece, Emma. She has taught me a lot in the last couple of days! I have made a list of five things that I have learned from my little snoogity boogity woogity.....Emma.

1. Don't drain the water out of the whale bath tub with baby still in it. May turn over! Good thing I have quick reflexes.
2.  Keep a bottle in the car. Baby will scream bloody murder as you try to catch happy hour at Sonic, so while you have your Blue Coconut Cream Slush the baby can sip on whatever that nasty stuff is in that bottle. Win win.
3. When crying.....DFS. Diaper, Feed, Sleep. It has got to be one of the three!
4. Bottle Prep. Instead of pouring the formula into the water, you should pour the water into the formula or it is just a big lumpy mess and the powder goes everywhere. It took me three bottles to finally figure this out! Don't make fun! I am still working on my cooking skills!
5. Keep burp cloth on your shoulder at all times and keep another right beside you. Spit up is just disgusting and smells like death. Of course both times I kept Emma this  week, I was not burp cloth ready. I was sprayed immediately! Totally gagged! 

She's so stinkin' cute and I am having a blast learning all about babies!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Looks like you're learning a lot! It's so messy regardless...