Sunday, February 6, 2011

#6 Attend Numerous Concerts

Well our second concert of the year was at the Workplay Theater in Birmingham. We saw The Civil Wars w/ Lucy Schwartz. What I love about the Workplay Theater is that you are more than likely going to have a run in with the performers. Josh waved enthusiastically at John Paul White upon arrival to the theater. I had quite the awkward run in with Lucy Schwartz. I know one of her songs and that's about it. I totally dorked it up! i.e. the following photo. She is like 6'5 and had to double over to take a photo with Marisa and me.
She is a "loopist" meaning she creates small sections of sound and plays it continuously while adding additional small sections to it. The machine is called a "looper" and the process of doing this is called "looping". Now that I have bestowed upon you this very important information, The Civil Wars......

If you have never heard of The Civil Wars, you should definitely check them out. They actually have the #1 album on iTunes at this very moment.  I love how they are completely stripped down to an acoustic guitar, little bit of piano, and vocals. Oh and the vocals are absolutely amazing!
My Father's Father by The Civil Wars

Andrew loves Barton Hollow
 Needless to say we had a great time. #6 is off to a good start this year. We have seen two concerts in two months and have another one lined up for April.....The Avett Brothers and Band of Horses!! HEY-OOO! We are stoked!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so impressed at your accomplishments on the list! Looks like y'all had a great time...never listened to them, but I'll have to check them out now! Oh, and I totally want to see BoH! It's going to be such an amazing concert. P.S. I am super honored to be in your sidebar :) :) You are precious. Hurry up and move here!

Unknown said...

You should go! Tickets will be on sale within the next week or so. We are going to see them in Tuscaloosa. GO with me!!