Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baby Mobile

My latest do it yourself project.....and by latest, I mean pre-birth. While I was waiting for the arrival of Mr. Burt, I was scanning through Pinterest, duh, and found the cutest baby mobile.

Tutorial for this mobile can be found here.

Did you know that baby mobiles on average are 30 bucks!?! Ridiculous! And they are not even that cute! Baby stuff is a racket y'all!

Enough of my ranting.

So at the end of my pregnancy, I had to get my nesting on. I was going to stick it to the man and make my very own mobile, with some assistance from my mom.

Here's how it turned out!

I didn't follow the tutorial perfectly! Instead of just cutting out circles, we made cardboard cut outs of a turtle, alligator, and frog. We also added some little buttons where the ribbons attach to the hoop for a little extra pizzazz. At the bottom we bought some wooden beads, painted them, and tied the ribbon in a knot for some extra weight. 

I love Burt's little homemade mobile! Thanks for the help, Mom!



No comments: